Jetpack is a plugin for WordPress that includes a lot of useful features. Here’s some of what the developers have to say about it:
- Simple, concise stats with no additional load on your server. Previously provided byWordPress.com Stats.
- Email subscriptions for your blog’s posts and your post’s comments.
- Social networking enabled comment system.
- Integration with and automatic posting to your favorite social networks including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and LinkedIn.
- A widget for displaying recent tweets. Previously provided by Wickett Twitter Widget
- Your readers can easily share your posts via email or their favorite social networks. Previously provided by the Sharedaddy WordPress plugin.
- and many more to come!
I found this great video from Mickey Mellen that gives a general overview of all of the Jetpack features. Take a look:
And I created this video tutorial for you that shows how to set up the features I use & recommend the most:
There are other plugins that can serve each of the purposes Jetpack serves, but I love the simplicity of getting all of these functions from one tool, and I really like the look of the way my blog posts are delivered by email using Jetpack. If you’re an advanced WordPress user, you might prefer to look for other solutions, but if you’re a beginner or intermediate user, I don’t think you can do better.
If you’re already using Jetpack, or if you do have an alternative plugin you prefer, please share your thoughts in the comments!